Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Last show at The Ohio



I just finished work on my first show at The Ohio Theater...which was also their last show ever...
It was great fun, albeit bittersweet. I got to turn the 6 columns into giant gas flames and then lava-lamps for the party!
They are going to be continuing at my home base, 3LD, under the banner 'Ohio Interrupted' so all is not lost!
Here are a couple of photos (thanks Piama!) of the closing party and the empty space. I could promise to post some video but we all know that's not going to happen, right?

Oh and here's a review of the show & after party. They were actually feathers but whatever...!

"
In the final moments of the piece, six projectors projected images of ash or torn paper falling down the six columns that so define the stage at the Ohio. It was a brief but beautiful and sad image that spoke to the mood in the room."

http://www.thelmagazine.com/TheMeasure/archives/2010/08/16/the-ohio-theatres-last-hurrah

No comments: